Legal Files release version 8.4 of web client product
New release offers enhanced Outlook integration, additional document management features and an all new iPhone/iPad app option
Legal Files Software, Inc. a leading developer of case and matter management software, today announced the latest release of its web client product, Legal Files Web 8.4.
“By aggressively updating the Web product on a continuous basis, we keep the product at the top of its class,” said John Kanoski, CEO at Legal Files Software, Inc. “Our research and development teams keep an eye on what is happening in the industry, and we listen closely to our customers’ suggestions regarding enhancements and features so we can continue to deliver a product that increasingly helps our customers perform their business operations more efficiently and effectively.”
New features of Legal Files Web 8.4 include:
- A “folder view” of documents in a case/matter is now available. The folder view can be organized by classification and type, providing users with an alternative way to present and organize documents in addition to the search view.
- A Legal Files/PowerPoint plug-in has been added, enabling users to save/open a PowerPoint presentation dynamically—without a check-in process. The plug-in works in the same way as the current Legal Files/Word and Legal Files/Excel plug-ins work in a case/matter.
- The enhanced Outlook Integration for Office 2007 and 2010 allow for the users to add functions from the Legal Files ribbon to the Quick Access Toolbar in the Office Suite. This is available in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A new setting in the Legal Files/Outlook integration enables users to save Outlook emails as documents within a case/matter. Users also now have the ability to add a classification and type on a saved email as a document, further simplifying searching and retrieval.
- Legal Files/Outlook integration offers more advanced searching and sorting options when attaching documents to email.
- Legal Files’ bi-directional synchronization with Outlook for calendars, tasks and contacts now includes viewing any attached files in the Legal Files Calendar.
- The highly popular Legal Files Drag & Drop feature, which allowed users to “drag and drop” documents or files from their desktop into their Legal Files database, has been improved. Users may now drag and drop multiple documents simultaneously to a case/matter.
- Newly developed functionality enables users to initiate new workflows upon completion of to-do’s/tasks for another workflow, giving users the ability to “chain” workflows, based upon the completion of a single task. This new trigger is in addition to the existing file status triggers.
- More administrative, setup functionality for both Workflow Wizards and Wizard Triggers is now available in the administrative section of the web client.
- A new User Assignment Wizard enables administrative staff to assign users en masse to cases/matters, or grant case/matter access en masse—without having to assign users. The User Assignment Wizard can be utilized for both users and teams of users.
- More Management Dashboard views that key from task and time management have been added, as well as a number of enhancements to the standard query reports.
As an option with Legal Files Web 8.4, the new iPhone/iPad app provides a portal view into the user’s Legal Files database from one easy-to-navigate location. From the home page, a user can view urgent notifications, recently accessed cases/matters, name cards/contact information, documents, calendars, email and to-do’s. Once within a case/matter home page, users will be able to view and search the file’s calendar, documents, emails, to-do’s and notes. In addition to viewing action items from the case/matter home page, users will be able to view the file related people (contacts within a matter), file details-setup, file facts and file-level custom windows.