Orion Law Management Launches Orion 5 at the ABA TECHSHOW
Orion Law Management Systems, Inc., a leading provider of Financial and Practice Management software for law firms, will officially launch Orion 5 at the ABA TECHSHOW in Chicago tomorrow.
Orion 5 marks a significant leap forward for Orion’s technology, including hundreds of new features and improvements to both Orion desktop and iOrion® mobile platforms. Orion 5 updates are available free of charge to all Orion maintenance customers.
Highlights of Orion 5 include:
- ePrebill Manager. Officially launched at Legaltech New York one month ago, Orion’s ePrebill Manager provides a complete electronic workflow system for managing the prebilling process. Customers using either Orion Desktop and iOrion mobile app via tablet can eliminate paper from their prebill process with ePrebill Manager’s digital tools to route, annotate and finalize invoices as well as track write-downs and realization figures.
- Conflict Avoidance and Client/Matter Intake Enhancements. Realizing that conflicts of interest can be a tedious and high-risk process, Orion adds significant functionality to its intake and conflict avoidance system. Users can now easily copy and paste names directly into the Matter intake form or import them from a text file. Orion’s Conflicts search scope has been expanded to include prospective clients and involved parties. Formal searches conducted during a lateral hire are also incorporated.
- Attorney Assignment History Tracking & Reporting. Orion recognized that its law firm customers needed greater specifics in record-keeping for attorney assignments. Orion 5 now assigns an Effective Date for the Originating, Managing, Project Manager and Responsible Attorney designations. Originating and Project Manager field assignments can be split and their evolving roles can be tracked over time. Revenue-related reports now offer Assignment History and Effective Dates for greater transparency and more accurate chronology of events.
- Reserved Word Enforcement for e-Billing. Orion integrates with many e-billing tools and has now made these integrations stronger by expanding its billing guidelines management with Reserved Words Enforcement. Users assign a reserved word set to a particular matter and, as a fee description is entered, the entry is scanned for words, phrases and punctuation that have been red-flagged by the e-billing software. Disallowed language can then be automatically replaced or manually corrected.
- iOrion 5 Integration with Maps and Rideshare Apps. iOrion is a complete financial management mobile app allowing legal professionals to access data from Orion using any recent-model Apple iOS® or Google Android® device. Users with iOrion 5 can now request a rideshare using Uber or Lyft as well as get directions using Apple® Maps, Google Maps™ and Waze™.