NetDocuments Announces Expansion of Integrated Cloud-Based Technologies for the Legal and Professional Services Markets
Today, NetDocuments, a leading cloud-based document and email management (DMS) provider, announced that it will fully integrate its services with Microsoft cloud technologies, helping to transform law firm and legal department productivity in the cloud. “Today’s announcement by NetDocuments demonstrates its commitment to using the latest Microsoft technology and delivering solutions to its customers that integrate with the productivity tools they use today,” said Nishan DeSilva, senior director, Technology Solutions and Evangelism, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Microsoft.
“By integrating its cloud-based services with Microsoft technologies, NetDocuments customers can now take advantage of the enterprise-grade cloud capabilities and global reach of both Office 365 and Azure.”
“Law firms are now looking for a DMS that can take their firms into the future – one that has direct cloud-to-cloud strategic integration with the Microsoft technologies they use on a daily basis,” Matt Duncan, CEO at NetDocuments stated. “NetDocuments’ integration with Microsoft’s new cloud technologies sets a new standard for infrastructure flexibility and productivity tools in the modern workplace.”
Key aspects include:
- Azure - NetDocuments is working with Microsoft to design an Azure hosted version of NetDocuments DMS solution, which will include all existing features and functionality.
- Office 365 - NetDocuments is committed to delivering access to its DMS data through the Office Add-in model, which will allow access to core productivity activities within the tools directly. The NetDocuments email management solution “NetDocuments EM” (formerly “Decisiv Email”) will also be fully integrated with Exchange Online.
- Matter Center for Office 365 - NetDocuments is working with the Matter Center for Office 365 team to integrate additional Office 365 design patterns to provide an end-to-end robust document and email management solution on the Azure cloud platform. Matter Center development, a SharePoint-based collaboration system, will continue for use by Microsoft and will be externally available through select partners.
- ndOffice - ndOffice, a NetDocuments-built legal DMS application that brings the cloud directly to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, will become more broadly and deeply integrated with Microsoft technologies by leveraging the API capabilities of Office 365 and NetDocuments. Supported capabilities include: device synchronization, mobile apps, concurrent multi-user editing, mobile security, OneDrive for Business and NetDocuments content exchange, among others.
- Partners and Customers - By moving to Azure and extending to the Office Add-in model, partners will be able to build onto existing framework and increase customer value through their offerings. Customers will have access to cloud-based document management, email, and electronic records management solutions that leverage Microsoft technologies, including Office 365, OneDrive, Azure, Exchange Online, as well as NetDocuments’ technologies for predictive filing, private hybrid storage, shared encryption custody, and mobility.
Founded in 1999, with more than 3,400 enterprise customers worldwide, NetDocuments is the legal industry’s most trusted cloud-based content services and productivity platform. Complete with state-of-the-art built-in security, compliance and governance solutions, NetDocuments offers document management, email management and collaboration technology complete with disaster recovery, enterprise search, and matter centricity features. For more information about NetDocuments, please click here.