Microsystems Achieves Significant Corporate Growth in 2012
Microsystems, a leading provider of software and services that drive document quality, production efficiency and risk mitigation, announces the achievement of significant corporate growth in 2012. Contributing factors to Microsystems success include the expansion of products, addition and retention of customers, strategic acquisitions and partnerships, increase of employees and legal industry recognition.
These key developments position Microsystems to further extend competitive advantages throughout law firms, legal departments and other document intensive organizations.
Expansion of Products
- Microsystems released EagleEye—THE Agreement Checker to enhance the legal agreement drafting and review process and reduce the risks associated with inaccurate or ambiguous content. EagleEye, which provides lawyers and legal support teams with a more thorough and efficient process for reviewing and validating documents, is already being used by many of the world’s leading law firms.
- A new version of 3BClean was introduced in early 2012 and version 4.0, which includes a new, simplified administrative UI, more configuration options, improved monitoring and reporting options as well as the ability to update attachments on sent items, is expected later this quarter.
- DocXtools version 7.1 was recently released to address the evolving needs of the legal industry. DocXtools 7.1 opens up Word's Backstage View to enhance configuration options and improves a lawyer's ability to assess the health of a document and apply corrective clean up, styles and formatting.
Addition and Retention of Customers
- In 2012, Microsystems once again retained more than 98% of its customers and supports over 350,000 professionals globally.
- DocXtools is now used by 77% of the AM Law 100. It is the clear leader for document productivity, compliance and quality and is used by lawyers throughout the world’s largest law firms to meet client demands for enhanced collaboration, quicker document turnaround and modern, navigable documents.
- Market-leading 3BClean doubled its customer install base in 2012 and has more than twice the installations of its nearest competitors combined, making it the industry’s most highly implemented server-based metadata removal solution.
Strategic Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Microsystems and Concentric Equity Partners (CEP) closed on a long-term growth investment to expand products and services in the areas of document production, content quality and risk management solutions.
- A Board of Directors was created to oversee corporate expansion efforts. Individuals joining CEO Tom O’Sullivan on the Microsystems Board of Directors bring significant technology experience and expertise in driving corporate expansion.
- ALM Legal Intelligence partnered with Microsystems to uncover disconnects in the law firm/client collaboration process that can result in client dissatisfaction and ultimately affect law firm success and viability. Survey findings as well as ways to overcome associated challenges were published in the white paper, Meeting Client Expectations? The Hidden Secret for Improved Satisfaction.
- Microsystems partnered with DocsCorp and released the PDF Compare Plus Module to extend PDF comparison capabilities to law firms using Microsoft Word Compare and DocXtools. The PDF Compare Plus Module is powered by the DocsCorp compareDocs comparison engine.
Increase of Employees
- Microsystems added several key staff members and secured consulting resources to support plans for advancing and expanding product and service offerings.
Legal Industry Recognition
- EagleEye received an A+ TechnoScore from BigLaw (see BigLaw's Review of EagleEye)for its ability to catch content errors, including improperly defined terms, inconsistent phrases, references and numbering problems as well as grammatical and stylistic mistakes.
“Microsystems entered 2013 with significant momentum,” according to Tom O’Sullivan, CEO of Microsystems. “Serving our customers by providing valuable products and services remains our focus and our achievements in 2012 have positioned us to meet evolving customer needs even more than we do today.”