Orion releases extensive update: version 5.2 now available
Today, Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. released Orion 5.2, an extensive update to its financial/practice management software which includes hundreds of enhancements.
Core highlights of what’s new in the 5.2 version include Ethical Wall management for clients and matters to ensure data privacy, newly enhanced W-9 Management, BillBlast® integration, iOrion® mobile access updates, and Orion ePay™, a seamless and secure online payment system powered by LawPay. Orion ePay was announced in January but has since been updated for greater performance.
- Ethical Wall Management for Clients and Matters - Ethical Walls keep confidential data safe from unauthorized users. Orion clients can now set up Ethical Walls to restrict access to sensitive Client/Matter data. Users can be blocked from viewing or searching for information related to a confidential client or matter.
- W-9 Management - Orion’s new W-9 Management solution improves a law firm’s compliance with IRS 1099 requirements. When requesting check payment for a new vendor, legal professionals can attach a W-9 from Orion desktop or from iOrion mobile app if working remotely. If the W-9 is missing or outdated, Orion automatically requests an updated version from the vendor.
- BillBlast Integration - Now integrated with Orion 5.2, Aderant’s BillBlast streamlines eBilling submission for Orion customers, accelerating the path to payment. Law firms can leverage the Orion/BillBlast integration to increase their productivity and profitability. Also, BillBlast allows users to extract and upload images for reimbursement requests and vendor invoices from Orion’s database.
- iOrion 5.2 Mobile Tool Updates - iOrion is a complete financial management mobile app allowing legal professionals to access data from any Apple/iOS® or Google Android® device. Lawyers and staff can easily enter time and perform substantive tasks using iOrion. Updated iOrion 5.2 now adds Check Request approvals, unified Matter Lookup and Views, and updated Payment Calendar including payments by project attorneys who are completing split assignments.
- Orion ePay Powered by LawPay - Many law firms and their clients are still working virtually due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, so the flexibility and convenience of Orion ePay’s LawPay integration, is essential. Online payments mean that law firms using Orion ePay will also speed up collection time, thereby improving cash flow and increasing profitability. Also, Orion and LawPay create an online payment page branded with the law firm’s logo which reassures clients and reinforces the firm’s brand loyalty with every payment.
“We are excited to announce the release of Orion 5.2 which enhances the Orion experience with many significant updates and useful features,” remarked Orion President Paul Yelton. “Version 5.2 also allows clients to establish Ethical Walls to restrict access for protecting confidential Client/Matter information. New W-9 Management and Payment Calendar updates make Orion even more useful and enhancements to iOrion help clients who are working remotely. Finally, with the addition of Orion ePay, powered by LawPay, firms can reduce their collection times and increase cash flow while providing a more efficient way to accept payments.”
Orion 5.2 is available free of charge to Orion customers.