BigHand is a leading software technology company with a big difference. You might know us for our digital dictation products, because our tools are trusted by some of the world’s top law, healthcare, property and finance organizations. But dictation is just the start. We’ve developed a range of speech, task delegation, document creation, analytics and process improvement solutions that help busy people achieve more in less time and organizations become more efficient and effective.
Products & Services
- BigHand Workflow Management - BigHand Workflow Management is a task delegation solution that allows work to be automatically routed to the right support staff at the right cost to the firm, and monitored through to completion.
- BigHand Resource Management - BigHand Resource Management is a legal work allocation and resourcing tool that allows law firms to identify resources, forecast utilisation, manage workloads and add structure to career development for lawyers.
- Dictation and Speech Recognition - Enable accurate dictation that’s not only fast to complete, but incredibly straightforward to manage with configurable workflows.
- BigHand Business Intelligence - Powered by Iridium, BigHand Business Intelligence is an advanced financial BI solution for law firms with role-based reporting that delivers the right financial data to the right person via intuitive dashboards.
- Matter Pricing - BigHand Matter Pricing is a PMS-integrated matter budgeting, pricing and tracking tool designed for law firms to manage their matters financially.
- SmartTime - BigHand SmartTime is an AI-powered tool designed to streamline the timekeeping process in your law firm by automating time capture and time entry.
- Budgeting and Forecasting - BigHand Budgeting and Forecasting (formerly Intellistat) transforms law firm annual budgeting processes from a time-consuming chore to a highly productive mission.
- Partner and Performance - BigHand Partner Performance (formerly Intellistat) is a review and compensation portal made for legal.
- PreBillManager - BigHand PrebillManager© (formerly Steere) is an attorney-facing prebill viewer and editor designed to make the prebill editing process fast and easy.
- AlertManager - BigHand AlertManager is a revolutionary product that disseminates notifications either via e-mail or through users’ desktop or web interface.
- Document Creation - BigHand Document Creation is a DMS-integrated legal document solution that simplifies Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel for streamlined legal document production.
- Metadata Management - BigHand Metadata Management is a legal document cleaning tool that allows law firms to cleanse Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, and media files at any stage of the process.
- Pitching and Proposal - BigHand Metadata Management is a legal document cleaning tool that allows law firms to cleanse Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, and media files at any stage of the process.
How Larkin Hoffman Successfully Automated Workflow Management with BigHand
Strong legal client relationships today are increasingly built on cost-efficient and transparent services, as BigHand’s 2023 Support Services Redesign research highlighted. For law firms, this includes enhancing operational efficiency that leads to marginal gains in their working practices that will protect profits. But despite hybrid working adding yet further complexity into existing workflows, manual delegation, processes, and reporting remain prevalent. Indeed, the BigHand research found that 83% of lawyers are still delegating tasks manually and 50% of firms are relying on manual reporting to track the volume and type of tasks. Continue reading
Norton Rose Fulbright: Aligning efficient commercial deployment and exceptional people development with BigHand Legal Resource Management
Recent years have heralded a catalyst for cultural change with law firms, driven by a number of factors external to the industry. The pandemic has had one of the biggest impacts on employment in recent times, causing workers across all industries to reconsider their career ventures and their career values. We have also seen a fundamental and arguably permanent shift to hybrid working, as well as a global need to improve the picture around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. In parallel, law firm clients have become a lot more interested in how work is being done for them, with the wellbeing of those staffing their matters, as well as diversity within teams, more in focus than ever before. Continue reading
Improving revenue? How a legal time-keeping solution can support law firms - by Steve Bronstein
With FY23 kicking off, one of the hottest topics in the legal industry is how law firms can maintain and maximise profitability during a time of high inflation and a looming recession.
The current financial climate has led to many clients looking to cut costs where possible and retain a more efficient legal service. One way in which law firm clients are looking to improve efficiency is through gaining greater transparency from their firms on matters while improving accuracy on the amount of time being spent on billable hours. On the other side of the coin, as they juggle practicing law with profitability, firms are equally looking to increase billable hours to improve revenue. Continue reading
- How Legal CFOs Can Make Pricing for Profitability Every Lawyer’s Responsibility - On one hand, you hold your law firm’s needs. On the other, client expectations. In the balance lies your firm’s financial performance—your chief responsibility as a finance officer. (by Briana McCrory)
- What do firms need to consider before starting their hybrid-working journey? - When we look at where support staff structures were, even just five years ago, we can certainly draw one very apparent conclusion: they are ever evolving and doing so at rapid rates. However, with 75% of NA and 68% of UK firms saying that support services staffing has been affected by increased resignations and churn in the last year, is the progress enough?
- Navigating a Recession: How law firms can thrive - Your firm can maintain profitability and growth, even through a recession. In a way, it’s simple: the more you know about the value of your clients, matters, and resources, the more levers your firm can pull to increase profits and growth.
- Effective Legal Resource Management – Navigating the Transition from Early Innovation to Strategic Advantage - The last two years have been a catalyst for cultural change with law firms, driven by a number of factors external to the industry. The pandemic has had one of the biggest impacts on employment in recent times, causing workers across all industries to reconsider their career ventures and their career values.